adrIntheSky

The Good Times Are Killing Me

I'm a nerdy girl with too much time on her hands, and too many books on her to-read pile.

Household Stories by the Brothers Grimm
Wilhelm Grimm, Jacob Grimm, Lucy Crane, Walter Crane
2666
Natasha Wimmer, Roberto Bolaño

I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked It

I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked It - Adam Selzer Although this story will not be part of "best romance" lists anywhere, is a really sweet and realistic portrait of what it means to be in love. You overlook flaws (even one as big as being dead), you get butterflies when he calls you and all of the sudden you're thinking about dying and becoming a zombie just to be with the "love" of your life forever. After all, craving for brains and being in constant pain is nothing when you're with the man of your dreams!!!!!!! In the end, "I kissed a Zombie and I liked it" reminded me that you can't change who you are or what you love for someone else, no matter how good it seems at the beginning, and that every little moment alive is priceless. Many teenagers swoon for "heroes" like Ed Cullen, wanting to meet a handsome, misterious man that has been waiting hundreds of years just for them, but a good relationship needs more than good looks and butterflies. Alley sees that at the end, teaching a valuable lesson to the rest of us who don't see it when it counts.