adrIntheSky

The Good Times Are Killing Me

I'm a nerdy girl with too much time on her hands, and too many books on her to-read pile.

Household Stories by the Brothers Grimm
Wilhelm Grimm, Jacob Grimm, Lucy Crane, Walter Crane
2666
Natasha Wimmer, Roberto Bolaño

Batman: Crimson Mist (Batman Beyond (DC Comics))

Batman: Crimson Mist - Doug Moench, Kelley Jones, John Beatty, Gregory Wright Wow. That's pretty much all I thought after the final panel of Crimson Mist. This is the darkest Batman of all, the one that honors his name and becomes a predator of criminals and innocents alike. We start Crimson Mist with the agony of Batman, condemned to exist in Limbo and to thirst for blood for all eternity. At the same time, we see that Gotham has fallen victim to the Penguin, Two Face, Killer Croc, The Riddler, Poison Ivy, and many more, and that Alfred and Gordon are doubting their decision to kill Batman. In a moment of desperation, Alfred removes the stake that is immobilizing his master and releases an evil worse than the one that is already corrupting Gotham, for the Batman that is loose is no longer the protector of the city, but its biggest threat. I can only end this review by saying that this was a fantastic trilogy, worthy of Dracula and Batman. The art has been consistent and scary, the story is solid, and it was great to read it so close to halloween. I can't wait to give it to my brother.