adrIntheSky

The Good Times Are Killing Me

I'm a nerdy girl with too much time on her hands, and too many books on her to-read pile.

Household Stories by the Brothers Grimm
Wilhelm Grimm, Jacob Grimm, Lucy Crane, Walter Crane
2666
Natasha Wimmer, Roberto Bolaño

The Haunted Vagina

The Haunted Vagina - Carlton Mellick III I'm surprised to say that I liked this book! The journey into Stacy's vagina was not pleasant, and sometimes I needed to put it aside for a minute to think "am I really reading this?", but for the most part it was a good experience. The thing I like the most about "The Haunted Vagina" is that it has a plot. It may not be the best, but it's also clear that this isn't just an attempt to shock with a big title; a real story lurkes underneath. It goes like this: For as long as she can remember, Stacy has felt and heard weird things coming out of her vagina. At first she believes that all girls struggle with similar issues, until a girlfriend (in a rather rude way) sets the record straight and informs Stacy that her situation is not common, or acceptable. Later on, she meets our narrator, Steve, who loves her enough to embark upon a journey of exploration down her girlfriend's vagina, with unexpected results.So what do you think? Too far-fetched? Maybe, but the results are good. And while I admit that it's not the best book you'll ever read, or the most outrageous, it will be a good way to spend a slow sunday afternoon.